This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

6/10/10

So it begins...



I am happy to announce the official kick off of this blog in all its glory. To get things started, I am going to watch Steel Magnolias, starring Sally Field and Dolly Parton.

This movie was recommended by my mom's very good friend since elementary school, Marianne. (I thought she liked me too but I guess not.) On her survey, she wrote that Magnolias "brings me from laughter to tears... all time chick flick." Gulp.

I am ashamed (ahem) to admit I have never seen this film, and I am excited to start this blog off with a bang by watching a popular flick that many of you have probably seen. Stay tuned in the coming days for my impression of Steel Magnolias.



Marianne won the honor of having her favorite movie featured first by being the first person who filled out a questionnaire to reply to my notification email for the founding of this blog. If you are a follower but did not attend my party, you can still participate! Just send me an email at captainflab@yahoo.com with your favorite film and a few lines explaining why. Its that simple. Your answer will be put in the hat and eligible to be randomly selected by me to watch and post on. So get involved and send me your choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment