This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

8/30/10

Featured New Release Poll- 9/3

New poll is up!

This week's contenders are:

Machete, Robert Rodriguez's expansion on a fake trailer that played during Grindhouse when it was in theaters. Starring Danny Trejo, Cheech Marin, Jessica Alba, and Robert DeNiro, it looks like another ode to schlocky 70's cinema.

The American with George Clooney is next. Clooney plays an assassin who wants out of the biz, but finds some difficulty in retiring peacefully.

Finally we have Going the Distance, a romantic comedy with Justin Long (???) and Drew Barrymore centered on making a long distance relationship work.

3 comments:

  1. Someone said this movie is the last movie in a trilogy the 2nd movie being once upon a time in Mexico do you know if that is true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think Machete was like the worst possible (fake Grindhouse) trailer they could've made. I keep hearing Eli Roth is doing Thanksgiving, which could be cool.

    I also can't even think of George Clooney as an action star. Saw a commercial for this earlier & I was like, "Ooh, miscast!"

    I thought "Romantic comedy with Justin Long and Drew Barrymore?! grossss." even though I like both actors. Then I saw tons of different interviews of the cast (including Charlie Day from It's Always Sunny... amazing!) & a few random clips from this that were genuinely funny. I actually kinda want to see this movie now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I know, Machete is not related to the El Mariachi films, of which Once Upon a Time in Mexico is actually the third one. So thats probably what you are thinking of. But the films likely take place in the same "universe".

    Agreed on Thanksgiving! That would be so cool. I though Machete looked cool in 07 though but idk now... did they really need to cast Lindsay Lohan? I guess they ARE going for the trashy vibe...

    ReplyDelete