This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

9/21/10

Featured New Release Poll- 9/24

The next poll is up and ready to determine my fate:

First up is Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, the overdue (some would say late but I am feeling nice) sequel to Oliver Stone's eighties tale of greed, materialism, and masculinity. Starring Shia LaBeouf as Gordon Gekko's (Michael Douglas) new protege, look for this one to win the weekend box office, albeit in underwhelming fashion.

Next is You Again, a silly comedy about coming face to face with your high school nemesis years later. A good ensemble with Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, and Kristin Bell makes this one look like it could be some fun.

Finally is Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (man I had some tough spelling this post, yeesh) From what I heard this is apparently based on a children's book or something. Never heard of it, but I already appreciate this film for supplying me with a cheesy knock-knock joke in the trailer, so it has that going for it.

3 comments:

  1. OK I voted for Money Never Sleeps even though I suspect this is a Democratic bashing of Wall Street the banking system and all the evils of Capitalism rolled into one diabolical plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock knock...

    Who's there?

    Owls

    Owl's who?

    That's right they do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. greg likes boys.

    Hi greg. Its me.

    Alex.

    smiley face.

    :)

    ReplyDelete