This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

9/12/10

Featured New Release Poll- 9/17

After this weekend's slim pickings, it is refreshing to have some uncertainty, as three big releases are coming out in theaters next weekend.

First is Easy A, a teen "sex" comedy with Emma Stone that takes some inspiration from the infamous Scarlet Letter.

Next is The Town a bean town cops n' robbers tale with Ben Ass- I mean Affleck and relative newcomer Jeremy Renner (The Hurt Locker).

Finally, there is Devil, a scary trip to the elevator shaft of an office building. For some reason the marketers thought it was a good idea to put M. Night Shyamalan's name on this, but since he was only in a producing role maybe it doesn't completely suck.

2 comments:

  1. Not an Affeck fan so this turns out to be the best of 2 evils teen sex or elevator scary since I have claustrophobic teen sex sounds safer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess my last comment didn't work. I don't know why this is so difficult for me. I think your friends and followers should tell you what their favorite holiday movie is and why.(It's A Wonderful Life got me thinking about this)So Halloween is right around the corner. Seems like there would be at least three catagories of frightful movies--Fun (not so scary), horror (screams and afraid to look) and campy (so bad they're good).What do you think?

    By the way, I really like your writing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete