This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

4/4/11

Olympus PEN Your Short 48 Hour Contest

Well, it was a long crazy weekend but it is finally over! The Vail Film Festival is where I spent much of it and let me tell you, it was a blast. Hanging out at my first real festival (My Bloody Violentine doesn't count), with a laminate and everything, was way cool.

As for the contest, well, our team didn't quite win. We did shoot a really solid film called The Getaway, and had a great chance at victory, but the winning film Running Colors was spectacular, so mad props to those guys.

But the weekend was certainly not a total loss. Team Running Riot (this time featuring Jeffrey Gustafson, Jason Breheny, Anthony LaRocca, and my girlfriend Stephanie filling in for Steve Valdeck) made a neat little film that I hope you will all enjoy, and we once again improved on our techniques and are already looking forward to our next challenge. The awards ceremony featured a Q&A session with celebrities Josh Lucas, Michael Imperioli, and Kate Bosworth, which was interesting. So all in all, it was a great experience, even without the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment