This blog is for all the movie fans out there (and really, who DOESNT like movies?). The site will feature humorous critical posts about movies new and old, updates on my own experiences in the independent film industry, and a "Top 5 ____" list here and there. Reader feedback is encouraged and ultimately necessary for this blog's success, and to not hurt my feelings.

2/21/11

The My Bloody Violent-tine Film Festival

This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending two nights at a bar watching various local independent horror shorts. The event, The "My Bloody Violent-tine Film Festival". The venue, 3 Kings Tavern. I found the festival on Craig's List and decided to enter Ring Finger in the thriller/suspense category on a lark. Happily, my film was accepted and screened both nights!

The audience reaction was definitely positive, which any filmmaker can tell you is the greatest part of making movies. When you hear people gasping in disgust, laughing, loudly exclaiming "Oh YEAH!" at the end of your movie... nothing feels better than that, my friends!

Granted, a bar is not the venue of choice for anyone showing a film. The Saturday showing was worse in that there was more noise from the patrons sitting at the bar and not watching the films, but overall the experience was a good one.

Ring Finger ended up taking home an award for "Favorite Ending", which I am particularly proud of, and also came in third place in the audience choice voting. Got lots of positive feedback from the other filmmakers there as well.

For anyone who hasn't yet seen the film, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment